bricklin story

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: bricklin story
From: Jeff Leine <jleine@advanix.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 21:03:27 -0500
Hello all,

Just thought I would do a little sharing...

     My Bricklin, VIN 1669, used to belong to my father before he passed
away.  He always kept it in the garage safe and sound in his home in New
Jersey.  About nine years ago, I was going away to college in Michigan
for the first time.  I had a 68 Mustang which I was crazy about that I
was leaving behind.  My brother was still in high school and was a new
driver. My parents took me out to Michigan so my Brother was home alone
for the weekend.  My Mustang was in the driveway in front of the garage
which is on the bottom of a fairly steep hill.  My brother was parked on
the hill in front of my car.  He went to go out on Saturday night and
went to back his car out of the driveway.  He was not sure what happened
next, but somehow, he went forward instead of back.  He struck the front
of my car and pushed it back into the garage. The passenger side rear
fender struck the wall of the garage, but the drivers side fender went
through the garage door into the Bricklin.  The Bricklin was then pushed
forwards into the shelves in the garage, going through the wall into the
dining room a few inches, knocking over the credenza.  My brother had a
three car accident, in our driveway and he was the only one driving.  I
can only imagine what it was like for him to call my parents in Michigan
and tell them what had happened.

     My car had the worst damage, but amazingly, the Bricklin had almost
none.  The bumpers had pushed into the care absorbing the impact and
came back out a couple of days later.  That  innovation saved the car
from severe damage.  I only wish my Mustang had been so fortunate.

Jeff