Fw: Sports Car Market

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Sports Car Market
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:12:08 -0500
Gas really wasn't an issue since most sports cars got better gas mileage
than the one's that replaced them.

One problem was availability. The majority of folks bought relatively
inexpensive British cars. The manufacturers didn't / couldn't afford the new
Federal and State safety and emission laws, and one by one fell by the
wayside. England's labor problems and the emerging J. A. Pan Co. hastened
their demise.

The baby boomers settled down, buying homes and starting families. Most
couldn't afford to keep an expensive toy for two. If they could, they bought
boats instead, so the whole family could participate.

Never fear though, those same boomers are now becoming empty nesters again
and the manufacturers are taking note.

GM