RE: foot baths.

To: "'Jonathan Garruba'" <jgarru01@kepler.poly.edu>
Subject: RE: foot baths.
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:00:59 -0500
Jon,
   Let me know when you complete the remote door circuitry.  I would be
interested.
   As for the trans situation....I have asked the question numerous times
myself.  It depends on whether or not you have a 74 or a 75.  If you have a 75
then the best way is to go with the AOD. (tons of them available)
   I have a 74 and I need a trans rebuild or replacement myself.  I looked into
a 5 spd and decided against it after talking to Terry Tanner.  It requires alot
of work (whole dash to be removed to install AMC ( i think that they fit) brake
and clutch pedals not to mention trying to get a manual trans (5spd) that will
bolt up to the AMC block without having to do too many modifications to the car
(drive shaft, trans mount...))
   As for myself.  After receiving some great advice from Ken P., I am leaning
towards getting the 727 rebuilt with a wide ratio gear set and a lock-up torque
converter.  I am still looking into the possibility of a 4spd auto out of a Jeep
or something similar.  I will have to let everyone know as soon as I get some
answers.
   Hope this helps some.
   As for the leaks...Someone else will have to help you because I have yet to
get mine on the road in the rain.

                                                Jamie