Fw:

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw:
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:04:17 -0500

>Hello All Fellow Bricklin Fans,
> I am the pround new owner of Bricklin 842. The car is in great
>shape. Only 2500 original miles!
========
Congradulations!
========
 But there are a few minor kinks to work
>out.  I just drove it home tonight. I was hoping someone could give
me some
> info on the pneumatic doors.
> What Is the max PSI for the door system?
=========
I can pump mine to ~125psi with no problems, but Terry T. recommends
100psi.
=========

> How many times should I theoretically be able to open and close
> the doors before I run out of air?
> If I open the doors. how long should they stay up?
=========
I've never counted, but I could run errands, driving short distances
and stopping several times, without problems. A really tight system
will keep the doors up quite a while. Now that my door cylinders
leak, they sag after a few minutes and will close in 15-20mins.
=========

> I have a terrible pinging in the motor. I was thinking possible
>cause might be a faulty egr valve. bad vacuum lines. or possibly
the
>timing is advanced to far.
> Anything else that would cause bad pinging?
=========
Bad gas, carbon buildup in the combustion chambers, clogged PVC
system, wrong fuel / air ratio.
=========
 What is the
>compression ratio?