Fw: Finding The Balance-Restricted Info

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Finding The Balance-Restricted Info
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 00:49:59 -0500

-----Original Message-----

I have continued my membership because I believe that without the
>club to promote the cause, the interest will wane and the cars fade
away.
========
In a perfect world, everyone would feel as you do. Unfortunately,
the number of members implies that the vast majority of owners
really don't care whether the marque survives or not. They just want
to keep their cars running as cheaply as possible.
========
>  To those who do not belong to the club(I heard ALL kinds of
reasons, from
>I can't afford  to why should I the info is free on the net), where
do you
>think the website go if the club ceases to exist?
========
Post all the info on the website and it wouldn't be long before it
was disseminated six ways to Sunday. The club, website, etc. could
disappear without causing so much as a ripple.
========
 How do you think people
>will get and share information that helps us keep the cars going?
Think
>about it!!! WE NEED EACH OTHER!!!!
========
I have. Once you release all the pertinent info to the WWW all
anyone will need is vendors.

The cars, now and for the forseeable future, have zero collectible
value. We will have to devise ways of enhancing perceived value on
our own.

Without a powerful club, there is no chance to do this.

GM