Re: Re Restricting Information

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re Restricting Information
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:18:20 -0500
At 11:58 PM 12/22/98 EST, Ppocdude@aol.com wrote:

>As a former Bricklin Owner, and a Dues paying Member of BI, I can only say
>that I was really surprised that the Club has only 330 or so PAYING Members.
>I thought there were over 1500 Bricklins still in existence.  I plan to
>purchase another Bricklin(A Lime Green One) in the future and will
continue my
>Membership.  The rest of you non members ought to be ashamed.  Must be mainly
>Democrats, always looking for a free lunch.  Sorry, could not help myself.

That question keeps comming up.  Currently I have a database that I've been
building for several years now, with the help of a lot of other people which
also contains the BI membership list.  There are 417 cars represented by
the 330 members in the club.  Currently there are 1685 records in the
database.
I track, current owners, and cars.  Unfortunately the data base has NOT been
normalized.  This means that for every owner I have for a car, that VIN
appears again.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know of 4 cars that were NOT represented
in the data base until reciently and I know of 2 more cars that are NOT in
the data base.  So I would guess that there are probably over 2,000 Bricks
left floating around in garages, under tarps, etc.  So if you know of another
Brick near you, please find out the VIN and owner and email me the info for
the database.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi