MY OBSERVATIONS.

To: "Bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: MY OBSERVATIONS.
From: "George J. Malaska" <bricklingeorge@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 23:42:06 -0500
  I started to express my views on this whole restriction of info on the
website but it turned into a five page dissertation that I think is best
saved as an article for the next issue of the Brickline(April 99) instead of
here. Not that I am a snob or elitist, it just got too long and I think it
will better serve all there. I do want to say that I am amazed and enjoyed
everyones views.
  I do want to clear up one thing. B.I. IS a non-profit orginization. Do the
math. It costs almost 5.00 per issue of the magazine. At 330 members and a
printing of 450 (the overrun goes to prospective members and for sale to
those who want back issues) and what little is left funds the national
meets, how much profit is there? We break even and that is how it is meant
to be.
  At the risk of sounding like a salesman(I'm not) or apocoliptic, the
purpose of B.I. is to promote and preserve THE car. If we do not support the
club, how long before the webpage, our vendors, the club itself disappear
and our interest and cars fade into oblivion? It may not happen today or
tomorrow, but it will happen!
  I am encouraged by the response and interest that the website has
generated. It has brought many new members, owners and non-owners. But how
long do you think it would last without the support of John, Scott,
Ron,etal, and the info generated by the members? That is why we need to
support all, club, website,vendors and newsletter.
  I am amazed by all the responses to this issue! Why don't we get this many
people to submit articles to the magazine? Maybe we should have a forum in
each issue so that our non-electronic members can share in our discussions
(there are more of them than there are of us). John, sound like an idea???
  I'll get off my soap box now and just wish you all Happy Holidays and a
prosperous New Year.
  George.

George J. Malaska, VIN#768, #1454, #1548.
Membership Director, Bricklin International.
Elkhart,In. 219-875-1270
              bricklingeorge@msn.com