Re: Brickline back issues

To: Riley F Marquis III <godlykrew@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Brickline back issues
From: Steve Bepko <sbepko@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 07:04:38 -0500 (EST)
There are two main "issues" about copying issues-

(1) The cost per page of color copies is non-trivial, keep in mind the
cost of supplies.  Now if you have "free" access, then that's another
story.

(2) There may be some copyright violation.  The current Brickline
publishers will probably object just on principle alone.

Neither of these issues are show stoppers to the majority of people, but
they are concerns never the less and given enough people involved someone
will object.

Now "scanning" them into electronic format ? - that's probably uncharted
territory w/regards to the issues above.

----------------------------------

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Riley F Marquis III wrote:

> I don't know if this would be a good idea, but it would be nice to
> reproduce the full set of Brickline magazines.
> Now that the HP color copiers are affordable, things like this are quite
> possible.  I cannot make any promises, but I will try and locate one of
> the last remaining CopyJet models from my work.  I know there are a few
> out there, and I have some leads too. Once I obtain this CopyJet, I can
> copy the set of Bricklines for those who want them.
> What do ya think?
> Riley F. Marquis III
> VIN 1758

I am Pentium of Borg, precision is futile,
you will be approximated...

     /  |  .                   sbepko@bcpl.net          . .      .      |
    /  .|                       Baltimore, MD.           .        ....o |