Lincoln rear axle?

Subject: Lincoln rear axle?
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 19:31:35 -0500
Hello gang.

I've heard it mentioned a few times on this list that the 9" rear from the
Versailles is a prime candiate for transplantation into the Bricklin.
 Apparently they bolt up to the original mounting points, have the same
track, and can be found with a posi and disk brakes, which would be
definite plusses.

My first question is:  How much of the above is true?  Is it really a
bolt-in?  Obviously, I'd need a diferently-biased proportioning valve, but
can the rear really be bolted in using the same mounting pads?  Is it
really the same width as the SV-1's rear?

Next: What years of Lincoln Versailles had these diffs?

Thanks a bunch,
--
Phil Martin                             pmartin@isgtec.com
"I was bitten by a boar,