Its Alive!!!

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Its Alive!!!
From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (Jim Isbell)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:35:41 -0600 (CST)
After two years of sitting I cranked it up and am planning a 150 mile trip
to my new home.  Couldnt find any buyers for it so I guess I will keep it.

It took a splach of gasoline in the carb to start it and a new battery, but
is seems to run smoothly.  I put a new fuel filter in just in case there was
junk in the fuel tank.

I have several questions:

First this is for car #23, an orange 1974 with AMC engine.  Since its such
an early model I realise that the answers may not be the same as when the
cars realy got into production.  In fact there may be no one who knows tha
answers!!

1) I put only 10 gallons into the tank when I filled it up.  How much old
gas was in there?  I have neve known how much gas it holds since the guage
doesnt work and I am afraid to let it get too low.

2) That was the toggle switch on the driver side (just under the drivers arm
pit) of the console?  There is just an empty hole there now but its obvious
it once had a toggle switch in it just like the ones for the doors.

3) Is there a repair method that is truly invisable for the dash top.  I
have three very small places where its cracked and cost is no object if the
repair realy works and is invisable.

4) Is the head light switch an off the shelf item or will I have to cobble
something up?  The orriginal one is intermitent.  I have to hold out on it
to keep the lights on.
                                                                    Jim I. ,
Onboard "Millennium Falcon"

"Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports.
All others are just games."  E. Hemingway---- J.Isbell adds "and sailing."