Hydraulic pump failure?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Hydraulic pump failure?
From: GodlyKrew@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:11:58 -0500 (EST)
If my factory installed hydraulic doors were to work unusually slow, and then
not at all, what could be the problem?  I've checked the hydrolic fluid,
connections, solenoids, and switches.  I have a brand new 800 amp battery in
the car that works fine. I always make sure to avoid excessive door usage
that could kill the battery.
Is it likely to be the hydraulic pump?

I am in a really tough situation here....I have NO MONEY due to the $1100
cooling system restoration done earlier this week.  I have another car, but
cannot afford insurance on TWO cars. I already swapped over the policy to the
bricklin,and dont want to change it back because my 2nd car is for sale.  If
the blue book on my 1986 dodge conquest, which is in MINT condition, is
$1200, and $5000 was invested in a new engine, turbo, and braking system,
would $2000 be too low a price to sell it for with the condition I am in with
regard to finances?  Come november 3, I will owe $600 to pay car insurance,
not to mention the scare of shelling out $600+ for an air door upgrade.  I've
tried to get a second job in the computer field, in which i am an expert, but
everybody expects me to pay $7000 to learn what I already know, in order to
get "Microsoft Certification"  As far as I am concerned, Microsoft can take a
hike!  I know things about windows they would never confess, as well as many
things Intel tries to keep secret.  I feel so qualified for a $15 an hour
job, but nobody will even consider me simply because i dont have a lousy
piece of paper!!!  I need $$ to fix up VIN1758, and the sale of my 2nd car
wont help much.  any ideas?  I've already got major plans for VIN 1758, and
want to put them into action...

Well, here I am...I went from a four banger with a turbo and digital dash to
an eye catching, tire screeching babe magnet with power doors!!!  Now i have
to look like an idiot while i leg press the door open to get out!  well, at
least I got to show all the kewl innovations of the bricklin to the youth
group last night....including all the cute women!  I get a MAJOR kick outta
showin off my car!!!!  its so much fun to get all this attention =)  sorry
this is sooo long guys....

BTW, what ever happened to the Bricklin SV2 as described in a few 1989 issues
of the Brickline?  Is it still set for the year 2000? or did everything fall
through the cracks?  How many Mini bricklins are there?  Who is the lucky
owner of the Grey Ghost?  How much is that thing worth?

John,
Please add me 2 da roster =)

Riley Marquis III
VIN 1758
5772 Garden Grove Blvd. #147
Westminster, CA 92683
714-893-6794
tryin to learn how 2 B a do-it-yourselfer...

Later....