RE: Bricklin 1758 coolant boiling

To: "Bricklin@autox.team.net" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bricklin 1758 coolant boiling
From: Ron Auger <ron.auger@olsy-na.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 13:50:06 -0400
On Friday, October 10, 1997 1:43 AM, GodlyKrew@aol.com
[SMTP:GodlyKrew@aol.com] wrote:
> .  ...  Also, what about
> relocating the door switches to the roof T-section and installing lights
for
> the doors, hood and trunk?  are these possible?  how about installing
power
> windows?

The original door switches are large (deep) but if you make a new roof trim
panel that can accomodate it, it shouldn't be a problem. My car still has
hydraulic doors. Although I redesigned the system, the wiring from the 5
switches and key cylinder is original. It uses no relays and all the motor
current goes through all the switches (poor wiring design). There are eight
heavy gauge wires to each switch! Needless to say, I haven't relocated my
switches. I would hope that the air system replaces this wiring harness.

The doors already operate the dome light. I've installed a mercury switch
on the hatch so that it operates the dome light also. A hood light is a
great idea, it's just deciding where to mount it. The Corvette has lights
in the hood itself with a mercury switch to turn them on when the hood is
open.

I've always been advised not to try installing power windows. But I've
always thought if I could overcome the engineering difficulties, I'd do it
anyway. I'm hoping to do a frame-up restoration after Kentucky meet next
year. Say goodbye to #1631 for a few years!

                                        Ron Auger
(snail-mail) Olivetti North America     Staff Software Engineer
        185 Plains Road Ste 302W        203-882-4373 (desk)
        Milford, CT  06460              203-783-1520 (fax)
(E-mail) ron.auger@olsy-na.com          800-759-8888 (bpr) pin#1153000
(C-mail) Ron Auger CMLA
(V-mail) 800-338-0775                           "Eschew  Obfuscation"