Ignition Timing Mark

To: Bricklin Club <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition Timing Mark
From: Steve Bepko <sbepko@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 15:51:35 -0400 (EDT)
I went to check the timing on my '74 today (should be 5 deg BTDC per
manual), but the life of me I cannot find the indicator, presumeably
mounted on the engine near the flywheel.  The manual gave a description
but that did not help me.  If I look down from the drivers side (i.e.
cylinder 1-3-5-7 side), should I be able to see it somewhere ?  I haven't
really looked for the "white mark" on the flywheel either, but presumeably
once I find that I can make it white again with a piece of chalk.  But
first- where the h$%@ is the indicator ??

I am Pentium of Borg, precision is futile,
you will be approximated...

     /  |  .        sbepko@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us          . .      .      |