Door assist struts ?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Door assist struts ?
From: "Brandon S. Moody" <bsmoody@kih.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 97 05:33:13 PDT
OK, I have a question.   Correct me if I'm wrong.

1)Bricklins 74-75 came from the factory
   with Hydraulic doors .

2) Tanner and others sell kits which convert
    doors to air, which ADDS the Gas Support
    struts which makes the door more boyant
    and distributes the presure across the top
    of the door frame instead of only in one
    place where the ram actually attaches.

3)  SO,  why does the 1974 pictured in my
     1974 edition of Motor Trend show the
     car with the struts already installed ?

I'm soooo confused,  I know this is probably
a silly question but I have been wandering about
this for awhile.  THANKS !