Re: Bricklin - misc

To: Isensee@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bricklin - misc
From: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 11:12:46 -0500
Isensee@aol.com wrote:

> > I have the equipment but i don't have a web site. i'd be happy to scan
> > the documents and provide the files for someone's web site.
>
> Steve,
>
> Can you do character recognition on the text? I maintain the Bricklin web
> pages on America Online and they have a 2 meg limit on file space. We will
> quickly exceed that if the pages are big images, plus they will be very slow
> to view on the web.
>
> Scott Isensee

Another alternative is to character recognize the text and re-format it.
 Use a vector based representation of the images, posssibly AutoCad or
CadKry.  I don't know if HTML imports DXF files but there are a number
of other options.  Someone whould have to take the time to "draw" the
inages into machine readable formst.  Might not be too onorous as they
are mainly simple wire frame sketches.

George Schiro