Re: 887 Progress

To: Pugsracer@aol.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 887 Progress
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 22:11:27 -0400
At 04:59 PM 4/8/97 -0400, Pugsracer@aol.com wrote:

> on sound deadening i am thinking of putting something on the
> underneath of the body....
> But, while i am doing that i really want to come up with something
> to put on the bottom of the car. It gets so loud that listening to
> the radio isnt feasible. I know some folks sell a heavy rubber
> matting but it appears to be very expensive. i should look at a
> Whitney catalog to see what they have.

Pugs,

I'd suggest starting with something I described, the mylar backed
insulation on the inside of the body.  It is easier to get to and
much easier to keep on the car.  If you install something from
below, it is susceptiable to being hit, scraped (ie. speed bumps)
and torn off the the wind.  And you could try it right NOW!

When I get a chance I'll have to look back through the Bricklin.  I
can't remember if they've addressed the subject or not.  Roy Dunn
(I think) wrote an article several years back about cooling down the
interior.  The article didn't go into much detail.  One time I was
talking to Terry and I mentioned it.  He said that the matting on the
inside of the car made it sooo much cooler and quiter it wasn't like
a Brick at all.  So I wrote him and he told me about the JC Whitney
stuff and the electricians putty to plug all the holes in the fire wall.

> Since your body is off you should give it some thought now while you
> can easily get to it.

You'd have to put it over all the metal reinforcement plates.  This could
also retain water and help rust the plates.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!