Re: Center console

To: jschneeweis@juno.com
Subject: Re: Center console
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:11:00 -0500
At 09:52 PM 4/2/97 EST, jschneeweis@juno.com wrote:

> I decided to reinforce the console with fiberglass.  I brought some
> long hair fiberglass filler, mixed it with some hardener and put a
> good amount at all the seams and curves reinforcing the weak areas.
> It made the console a lot stronger.  I guess only time will tell on
> how it holds up.

Good deal.  That's about the only fix I can think of.

> Thanks for all your help, next project is to pull the engine and
> replace the leaking seals, any suggestions?

Joel,

  I would suggest that you pull the hood & the extension, and the
radiator.  I'd also pull as much of the auxillary equipment as
possible to lighten the eng.  I pulled my eng & xmission as a unit,
but this is not necessary.  However, if you leave the xmission, you
will have to support the front as there is only one rear mount.

  Have you ever pulled the eng. on an automatic xmission before?
If not, you will have to remove the inspection plate on the front
bottom of the xmision and remove the nuts that attach the torque
converter to the flex plate (fly wheel) before you can seperate
them.

   While you are in there, you might want to take a look at the
transmission cross support.  Mine was rusted to nothing and I had to
make a new one.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!