Marketing yeet again

To: bricklin <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Marketing yeet again
From: Frank Slater <fslater@nb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 23:03:54 -0800
Hi again,

        thanks for the info so far.  I wonder if any of you could answer
this question for me.  It is clear that the Bricklin was in high demand
and that they could have sold many more.  People were standing in line to
buy this car.  Paying off dealers to get first in line.  why?

        It had poor quality,was expensive, and it would have been
difficult to have maintenance done on it.  Headlights don't work right,
body panels didn't fit, you couldn't even get in it if you are over 6'2".
        What was it that appealed? Was it the looks?  The safety
features?  Or the image of the underdog trying to beat Detroit at its own
game?
        Looking at it now i can see why collectors like it.  What i am
trying o understand why it was popular when it was new.  Was it only
collectors and auto afficianados who were interested?

any thoughts you could pass on on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks, Frank.
(by the was i'm 6'4 1/2", so i guess i won't be owning one.)