bmcu

Re: [Bmcu] [BMCU] Interesting Article

To: R J DAVIS <rogerdavis87@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] [BMCU] Interesting Article
From: Peter Gerity <pfg.ams@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:13:59 -0600
Cc: "bmcu-members@googlegroups.com" <bmcu-members@googlegroups.com>, "bmcu@autox.team.net" <bmcu@autox.team.net>

--001a113ac8d8a56ae00511ba9ab0

All,

Had an engine fire about one year ago in our '57 T-Bird. Have had this car
since 1980 and never had trouble until now!!! Jay is absolutely right.
Hagerty helped me immediately with my claim....but I almost lost the car. I
was able to smother the fire with my bare hands because if I stopped to
grab the fire extinguisher it would already have been too late as the
entire top of the engine compartment was on fire in seconds. Lesson
learned. Pay attention to Jay's comments and advice, or I guarantee that
you will have the same problem eventually.

Cheers,
Pete Gerity, Co-founder BMCU

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 11:09 AM, R J DAVIS <rogerdavis87@msn.com> wrote:

> I came across this article in the March 2 issue of Autoweek.   Thought it
> may be of some interest to the club members.
>
> I  am not an expert in this area and make no claims to it's accuracy.  I
> do know that if Jay Leno is concerned about this and his vehicles, then I
> am going to keep vigilant with my old Sunbeam.
>
> Roger D
>
> P.S.  Sorry about the bad quality of the picture of Jay.  It's the way it
> came out on my scanner.
>
> --

--001a113ac8d8a56ae00511ba9ab0

ago in our &#39;57 T-Bird. Have had this car since 1980 and never had troub=
le until now!!! Jay is absolutely right. Hagerty helped me immediately with=
 my claim....but I almost lost the car. I was able to smother the fire with=
 my bare hands because if I stopped to grab the fire extinguisher it would =
already have been too late as the entire top of the engine compartment was =
on fire in seconds. Lesson learned. Pay attention to Jay&#39;s comments and=
 advice, or I guarantee that you will have the same problem eventually.</di=
19, 2015 at 11:09 AM, R J DAVIS <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rog=
erdavis87@msn.com" target=3D"_blank">rogerdavis87@msn.com</a>&gt;</span> wr=
ote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border=
-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

toweek.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Thought it may be of some interest to the club members.=
=C2=A0 <br><br>I=C2=A0 am not an expert in this area and make no claims to =
it&#39;s accuracy.=C2=A0 I do know that if Jay Leno is concerned about this=
 and his vehicles, then I am going to keep vigilant with my old Sunbeam.<br=
f Jay.=C2=A0 It&#39;s the way it came out on my scanner.<span class=3D"HOEn=
Zb"><font color=3D"#888888"><br>
 class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888">

-- <br>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &=
quot;BMCU-Members&quot; group.<br>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e=
mail to <a href=3D"mailto:bmcu-members+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com"; target=
roups.com" target=3D"_blank">bmcu-members@googlegroups.com</a>.<br>
Visit this group at <a href=3D"http://groups.google.com/group/bmcu-members"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://groups.google.com/group/bmcu-members</a>.<br>