bmcu

Memorial Day Run hotel reservations

To: BMCU Members <BMCU@autox.team.net>
Subject: Memorial Day Run hotel reservations
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 10:08:01 -0600
I hope you have received the May newsletter -- apologies for it being a
bit late -- we wanted to include the British Field Day poster.

In the issue you will find Pugs Pivirotto's Most Excellent Article on
the Memorial Day Run to Vernal and Dino Country.

This is a friendly reminder that the block of rooms Pugs reserved at our
Headquarters Hotel is only being held until May 10.  Rooms may be
available after that, but Who Knows.

Veterans of past Mem Day Runs will tell you they are great fun, with
enjoyable driving, sightseeing, and socializing. This year we are
venturing closer to home, so there should be lots of the latter two.

Here's hoping for a great turnout and a grand run.
    --Gary

This year for the Memorial Day weekend we have decided to go east since
it is the only direction we haven't gone in the past. That's right folks
-- we are heading to the dinosaur capital of the world, Vernal Utah. Our
headquarters will be the Weston Plaza Hotel, 435-789-9550. A block of
rooms is being held under the name of the British Motor Club of Utah.
Make your reservations using your own credit card prior to May 10, to
reserve your room. The Weston offers an indoor pool, hot tub,
continental breakfast and a restaurant.

This promises to be very relaxing after a day in the car.

We'll meet in the upper parking lot of Hogle Zoo on Saturday May 29th,
at 9:30 am and depart by 10 am. Depending on whether or not we have club
members joining us from the north or south will determine any stops
prior to hitting hwy 40. This will be a leisurely drive with plenty of
time for sightseeing along the way. Vernal is a relatively short drive
from Salt Lake and therefore we should arrive early enough to take in
some of the local sights. These include the Utah Field House of Natural
History, or a drive out to Dinosaur National Monument and quarry or the
Ouray Wildlife Refuge just south of town.

Sunday will include a drive north to Flaming Gorge reservoir. We will go
through Dutch John and then go over to Manila and depending on road
conditions the Sheep Creek Loop. This scenic byway will take most of the
day with stops for sightseeing and lunch. There is also a shorter drive
to the Jones Hole hatchery, which can be done on either Saturday or
Sunday. The hatchery supplies trout to Utah and surrounding states.

Monday morning we will return to the Wasatch Front by way of highway 40
and should be able to arrive in Park City in time for lunch, shopping
and perhaps a ride on the Alpine Slide! If you haven't done the slide it
will definitely bring out the kid in you. Again, please call and make
your own reservations and then contact Pugs and Diane at 801-486-0547 to
let them know you will be joining us.