bmcu

Tinker Day

To: bmcu@autox.team.net
Subject: Tinker Day
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:33:24 -0600 (MDT)
Hmmm, I wonder if I'm already to late to get this to Nathan for the
newsletter?

mjb.
----

Cold fronts moving in, leaves falling off, it must be autumn in the
valley once again.  The end of the summer, and time for the final BMCU
drive of the season, which you'll hear about shortly.  And, as has been
traditional, the Fall Tinker Day at The Fat Chance Garage will take place
the weekend before the end of season dinner drive.  Tinker Day is a chance
for club members to stand around and offer their advice, chuckle, or reminisce
as they watch other club members trying to get some problem, minor or major,
taken care of.

So mark your calendars for Saturday, October 16th, 10 am until everyone goes
home.  Usually that's about 2 or 3 pm, depending on what sort of projects get
undertaken.  The location is 3994 South 300 West, unit #22.  The best way to
get there would be some Star Trek transporters, but most likely you'll have to
brave the construction and use a land route.  Basically, get to 4500 South and
300 West in Salt Lake through whatever maze of orange barrels and concrete
lined bobsled courses take you there from where you are.  Head north up 300
West (also called Commerce Drive) past the McDonald's and Zim's.  A few blocks
later you'll see the 3900 South overpass - if you get there, that's too far.
Before then, you should see a vacant field on the right (east) side, and a
little past that on the left will be the Garco complex.  Turn into the Garco
complex, and thread your way through assorted automotive salvage projects
towards the freeway end of the complex.  Unit #22 is a few yards from I-15 war
zone, you should see various Triumphs scattered about in front.

If the weather promises to behave, I may have the Weber Kettle fired up, and
like last fall, will be cooking up a batch of chicken wings, or something
tasty.  You may wish to bring along some of your favorite beverages to
accompany the snacks.  I'll provide some of the world's worst coffee for
those who arrive at the 10 am starting time.

As a reminder, my shop is not one of the neatest and most safely organized
places of business.  I recommend you not bring children, they could seriously
injure themselves playing with the "toys."

See you there!