Re: Compensated volunteers needed for Miatapalooza '07

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compensated volunteers needed for Miatapalooza '07
From: "Shaikh A" <rocketboy1974@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:16:01 -0700
Hi Justin,

(I will repost questions and answers to the BA-autox list)

I plan to break the volunteers in two groups. Last year we had about 40
Miata enthusiasts who paid for entry to the autocross. This year may be more
but I doubt >100. All instructors/volunteers would help set up the course
then tear it down in the afternoon, so plan on 8-4pm. Duties would be group
1 work, group 2 instruct, then rotate. If we can be efficient, we'll do 2
runs per group, and then give each group two tries, before and after lunch.

I during the lunch break instructors can run around the course, or we can
have them do it first to get familiar with it, then have a final
instructor-only session in the afternoon. Passengers are allowed on any
instructor run. How all the groups break down depends upon the overall BAMA
structure for the event but the autocross usually runs independent of the
swap meet/vendor display/tech talks/etc.

Best,
Shaikh