Rounds 12 and 13

To: Bay Area AutoX <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rounds 12 and 13
From: Tim Dolan <cyclist@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:29:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello autocrossers,

  Sunday's participants at GGF enjoyed a day of cool breezes and a fun course.
Arnold Escano with help from Barry Chafin and course designer Ben Martinez put
on a good show. Thank you all for your fine work.

  Round 13 will be at Oakland on August 6. I think we can expect a large
turnout at everyone' favorite venue. John Fabela and Anthony Lewis will be
chairing the event.
  Check our website for full details.

  For drivers looking for an autox this coming weekend, our sister chapter in
Sacramento will be hosting a two day event in Stockton. Its always fun and good
practice on a smaller course.

  As many of us saw in some posts yesterday, Sac's Solo Chief Bill Fleig passed
away from a heart attack yesterday morning. I first met Bill in Sacramento
around 1990. My first autocross, a little less than 3 years ago, was at a
Stockton event and he was the first person to show me how to autox a car. I
have yet to meet someone who loved the sport more or who put so much effort
into it. A maverick of sorts, Bill had a kind heart under that sometimes rough
exterior. I think the number on his 'Vette says a lot about Bill. The number 73
is a old morse code shorthand in amateur radio that stands for 'best regards'.
Not many solo drivers have that on their cars!

  Warm weather and clear skies are predicted.

  Thanks,

  Tim