round 10, fathers day

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: round 10, fathers day
From: "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:35:49 -0700
we survived a late setup, registration bottleneck, and a mysterious timer
malfunction which included a bad cord and alignment problems that resulted
in a 45 minute late start.

but that was only beginning of trouble!  the computers were dying a slow
death, the motorhome crew could not see the cars coming to the line, and
crazy-shouting-man turned up at the thick of it.

using a hybrid card/computer system we managed to make up time during the
day and even had fun runs and packed up by 6.

thank you to everyone that pitched in to turn a potential disaster into yet
another SFR success.  the course designed by charlie davis was flowing and
challenging.  robin yang worked with seemingly tireless energy through the
entire day to keep the scoring working (even during his run group!).
jeremy rine was there all day and knows the secrets of the motorhome.  i
cant possibly list everyone- you know who you are!

barry's charity had a great day.  im sure he will add more about this.

i dedicated my contribution this fathers day event to my father, leroy
creasy.  we always had a variety of interesting sports cars, the earliest i
remember is the 1964 spitfire he bought when we lived in england and brought
back to the states.  the 1952 triumph tr2 i went with him to buy in 1968.
even in the 1970s he managed to buy the 'rally' version of the 1976
chevette, complete with 4.11 rear end (redlined in top gear at 85 mph).
even was i was a little kid i liked to throw my match box cars sideways and
make them skid.  (some things never change)  so thanks dad, for supporting
me in my hobbies and in all aspects of my life.

if you get a chance, say hi to my dad (copied on this email), and encourage
him to get the triumph running so we can drive around summer! :-)

james