Re: Altamont Motorsports Park

To: Mymotorsport@aol.com
Subject: Re: Altamont Motorsports Park
From: Kevin Stevens <autox@pursued-with.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:06:27 -0700
On Jun 16, 2006, at 22:02, Mymotorsport@aol.com wrote:

> Altamont Motorsports Park is hosting a FREE road course test day on
> 24  June.
> The 1.1 - new road course and its multiple variations will be
> available for
> open testing running the track forwards, backwards, and with a few
> twists.
> Altamont Motorsports is eager to get drivers' feedback, ( auto-x
> 'ers ??), on
> which course configurations are preferred or are the most
> challenging. This
> free  test day is offered in preparation of course events to be
> held later this
> year.(  auto - x course ???? ). Altamont Motosports Park's
> Management will even
> open up  the 1/2 mile oval for those road racers who want to see
> what all the
> left turn  excitement is about !
> Riverside Motorsports purchased Altamont Raceway this past year and
> has
> invested huge amounts of money in developing a centrally located
> race facility  in
> Tracy. As red tape and political maneuvers continue to rear their
> ugly heads
> at Atwater and Crows, this could be a viable facility we could use
> in the
> near  future ??? For more info on schedule and requirements, go to
> _www.altamontracing.com/anouncements2.html_
> (http://www.altamontracing.com/anouncements2.html)

Try:  http://www.altamontracing.com/announcements2.html

"NASCAR, SCCA, NASA or other recognized competition license"

I'm a bit confused - this part sounds like you need more than an SCCA
membership - but it also says that drifters are welcome with just a
driver's license and "Snell-approved or comparable helmet".  Do you
have more specifics on what qualifications are required?

Thanks!

KeS