Re: What is the SCCA roster size by region?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, Ed Runnion <ed_runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Subject: Re: What is the SCCA roster size by region?
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:13:44 -0400

Message text written by Ed Runnion

"> Hi all. I seem to remember hearing that the GGR is the biggest
> SCCA region. Is that true, and by how much?

SFR is, by a long shot, the largest region of SCCA.   Going off of memory,
we are roughly DOUBLE the size of the 2nd largest region.
Approx 10% of all SCCA members nationally are in SFR!
Ed"
GGR is the standard abbreviation for the Golden Gate Region of the Porsche
Club of America. It is not a part of SCCA.
You are correct, San Francisco Region is SCCA's largest at about 5500
members.
At one time SFR had slightly over 5600 members. In the immediate time frame
after 1992, SFR lost 1200 members. I believe since that time SFR has
managed to regain most of its lost membership.
        Cal Club Region in Southern California has about 2500 members and
is SCCA's second largest region. And yes SFR has about 10% of SCCA's total
membership.

        There was a time when SCCA's membership department in Topeka was
able to supply this info. With the appointment of a new person in that
department I have yet to inquire.

--John Kelly