Read-out in motorhome

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Read-out in motorhome
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:18:28 -0700
Read-out in motorhomeTech question, for Robin or anybody who knows:

I noticed when doing announcer duties that the data windows on the screen
which you see are pretty small.  The overlapping of windows seemed to make it
difficult (for me while still getting used to the system) to be able to switch
back and forth, to read the car information, place in class, and especially I
couldn't seem to get it so that I could read sponsors.

Would it improve things by having a larger monitor available?  I am assuming
that the laptop is at 800x600 or maybe 1024x768 resolution.  A monitor with
1280x1024 or larger would allow those windows, perhaps, to be expanded so that
all of the information is available.  I personally feel that the sponsorship
information is sort of an obligation for us to get out there, at least once
during someone's runs.  If there is some way to arrange things so that this is
easier, or if I am just missing a clue with the new software, just let me
know.

I would be willing to acquire & donate such a monitor for the Chapter _if_ it
will make the announcer's life easier and solve these issues.  I'll also
donate a freakin' mouse if it will mean we can quit using that touchpad!!

Secondary issue - will the power supply manage the extra 30-50 watts of such a
monitor?  I know there's some issue with the generator.  There was no FM
broadcast last weekend that I could find, which I assume also had to do with
the generator outage.

Paul T.
P.s. Leo, since Mark and Rus didn't do fun runs, I'll accept your fun run time
as official if you'll accept mine!  ;-)  Funny how those extra seconds appear
with a little practice..