AutoX School thanks

To: Bay Area Autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: AutoX School thanks
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:46:09 -0700 (PDT)
The annual SFR SCCA Autocross school happened last
Saturday. The feedback I have been getting from
students and instructors is very positive.

An event like this does not happen without the efforts
and contributions of many people. I have take a few
minutes to thank all of you.

First, thank you Charlie Davis for sharing your
knowledge and wisdom from many years of teaching. You
were a huge help in planning process. Thank you also
for a great course design.

Next, thank you Don Ebaugh, Bruce Corcoran and Les
Brown. Don and Bruce came out and spent the day
watching over the operational aspects of the school.
My job was made much easier because these two were out
monitoring what was going on, making sure that key
information was getting passed along and getting
questions answered quickly. Even though he had work
backed up at his shop, Les still came out to deliver
the motor home spend the entire day there. He also
jumped in Saturday morning to teach when on of my
instructors had pull out to deal with a family
emergency.

Next, thank you to the instructors.  Your generosity
in sharing your time, your talent, your knowledge and
your passion for the sport is what makes these schools
work. I had many students approach me on Saturday and
Sunday to tell me how much they had learned and what
an outstanding job you all did.

Next, thank you to the students. We were blessed with
a group of intelligent, motivated and flexible
students with great attitudes. Your passion and
excitement is what makes us put the school on.

Thank you to Alan Perucho, Masashi Motonaga, and Mike
McHue(sp?) who showed up just to help out with
whatever was needed.

Finally, my thanks to the Steering Committee for
entrusting me with running this years school. Having
never run an event like this before, this was a chance
for me to do something exciting and new. I learned a
tremendous amount and am very grateful for the
opportunity. If the club is willing, I would love to
take what I have learned and run another one of these
in the future.

This turned out to an incredibly fun and rewarding
undertaking for me. Thanks again to everyone.

Alan Gruner