Busy weekend and Round 10

To: Bay Area AutoX <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Busy weekend and Round 10
From: Tim Dolan <cyclist@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:28:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Autocrossers,

  What a busy weekend it was. Alan Gruner and his crew taught a large group of
newcomers at the Novice school at Monster Park on Saturday. The curriculum
included small practice pads of differing elements and miltiple runs on
Sunday's full size course driven in reverse direction. This is one of the best
bargains our club offers and a great example of how many volunteers are willing
to help out. There is little question that all the students left with improved
driving skills. The highlight of the finishing exercise was watching some
instructors drive Bruce Corcoran's "KILR CAD". Our own solo chief, whose name I
won't mention, took the prize with a cool spin out in the far reaches of the
course. Thank you to all that volunteered their entire Saturday.

  Sunday's Round 9 was chaired by Alan Jung and Mark Mervich. Course design was
by Charlie Davis and it was an exciting one. Turn out was good and 4 run groups
ran in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Your efforts are appreciated.

  Round 10 will be on June 18 at Monster Park. James Creasy and Barry Chafin
will be event chairs. This event will also be a fund raiser, so bring some
extra cash so you can join in on the chance to purchase or win some great items.

  Next weekend is a double header for Sacramento chapter at Mather and AAS at
Castle. Other clubs may be running events as well, so check out their websites.

  Warm weather and clear skies are predicted.

  Thanks,

  Tim