Clutch Masters

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Masters
From: Anthony Tabacco <tony@atarchitects.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:31:44 -0800
Ok I'm sorry in advance for this post having marginal autox content but
does anyone have a CURRENT number for Clutch Masters in Alameda or maybe
Oakland? Hint: It is NOT (510) 522-2202. I recently picked that number
up for my Alameda office and starting every day at 12:03, I get all of
these calls, many verging on the truly pathetic. I don't how many on
this list are old enough to remember the Cheech and Chong "Dave's not
here" routine, but paraphrasing, it goes like this:

"Hello, is this Clutchmasters?"
"No, thats an old number. This is an architectural firm"
"Well do you do clutches?"
"No, I'm sorry, we don't. I don't have a forwarding number for them"
"But could you tell me how much an '89 Civic clutch would cost?"
"This is not Clutchmasters"
"But you do clutches, right?"
"We don't...."

This can go on for several rounds. The truly gifted are even beginning
to copy my mobile number from the voice mail that very clearly
identifies my firm and call me in the field. I won't bore you with the
Labrador Rescue Service for lost or surplus dogs that my Orinda office
has been receiving more or less continuously for the past 8 years, but
if anyone here actually does know where Clutch Masters and their phone
are these days, I can do my bit to advance humanity's clutchless and
clueless.

your autox buddy,
Tony