my car club at sunday's autocross

To: tony@atarchitects.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: my car club at sunday's autocross
From: james creasy <jcreasy@perforce.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:00:03 -0800
thanks to SFR and all the people that helped me guest my car club (ford
probes) to the event sunday.  several people bought memberships before
the event, and others are planning to so they can race regularly.
special thanks to gavin for helping get everyone through tech,
registered and in the right places to work and run.

the winner of the BAPOC novice challenge ($40 to cover entry and tires)
was paul, who never raced before and won with a 56.832 in his 95 PGT.
honorable mention to anton, a complete novice, who managed a 55.126 in
his turbo Z.  they all had a blast!

special crazy prize to dan, who started with an empty shell last week,
swapped the engine, suspension, electronics, clutch from a bucket of
water, finished the car art 4:15AM sunday morning, then drove it from
sacramento, competed and drove home.  thats some faith in your work!

james
OSP - Owns Sporty Probe

ive attached some comments from our club forum:

--------------------------------
big thanks to James and Jon for making this event possible!!!
i had a great time... never spun out in my probe before. now i know how
it feels like.
--------------------------------
I had to leave early for finals so I didn't run ( wish I had though ),
but I had a blast. Got to see the probes run and a friend of mine got
some pictures which i'll post once I get em.
but yea, was great meeting you guys and I look forward to the next meet
where I can hang out more. I'm also thinking of joining SCCA so I can go
to the Marina events that they have often down here.
--------------------------------
Thank you guys for the chance to run there.

A few people asked me how I was able to sign up without being an SCCA
member. They couldn't believe the whole club got that chance, so I just
wanted to point that out for anyone who didn't realize how awesome the
opprotunity was.
--------------------------------
Thanks James and Gavin for showing everyone the ropes, the technical
course walk, the club invite, and for everything. Jon, good job with the
logistics, even if it was Dana who got us to the spot
I'll be joining the SCCA too.
--------------------------------
I second that!!! i felt a lot more comfortable having people there that
walked me through the event. thank you too Dan!
Mario, you should defintely run next time! I had a lot of fun even
though I didn't make making things competitive. I'm looking foward to
pictures. please post if you guys have them.
dear mother of god was that fun, ill definately have to join soon
Great Meet. I had a blast being there and watching the runs. I've never
been to an auto-x event so it was a fun experience, especially riding in
that Corvette Z06, Capri, and Gavins MX6. It was a fun, and I took quite
a few real photos which will be developed tomorrow, and i took footage
of most of the runs.