Re: clean sites

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clean sites
From: Viet-Tam Luu <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:15:56 -0700
Sweeping the entire site wouldn't help. The problem is that the
surface is breaking up. We've tried sweeping the course and the loose
stuff seems to come right back after the first run group. Is it people
driving off the course and tracking marbles back on to the course?
Unlikely; as a whole we're not that bad drivers. Is it the wind
blowing stuff back on to the course? Possible but wind is not that
strong at GGF. Discounting those two effects, it seems pretty clear
that it's the surface itself that's breaking up as it's being driven
on. So the course would need to be swept on a frequent basis--read
once (or more) every run group. Not overly practical unless you can do
it without having to move cones out of the way or re-chalk the course.

Maybe I should just make a "brush splitter" attachment for my car so I
can sweep my own line as I drive... Where would that class me?  ;-)

--
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA Solo2 #14 ESP