Now that you worked the San Jose Grand Prix

To: "Bay Area Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now that you worked the San Jose Grand Prix
From: "Bryan Nemy" <bnemy@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:06:04 -0700
Thanks so much for being part of the San Francisco Region team of volunteers
who made the San Jose Grand Prix such a huge success. We hope you found that
being right next to the track was more exciting than you imagined racing
could be.

If you would like to continue being a key part of race weekends, you can
join SFR's Road Race Flagging and Communications crew (F&C), emergency
response (rescue and tow crews on track), pit fire marshals (red shirts in
pit lane), or grid crew (Orange shirts at the Touring Car, Trans Am, Stock
Car and Toyota Atlantic grids).

San Francisco Region puts on 12 regional race weekends at Infineon, Laguna
Seca and Thunderhill each year. Volunteers receive training at regional
races and then become eligible to participate at the Pro events. In addition
to the San Jose Grand Prix, we also staff the Pro races at these tracks
including two ALMS events, Grand Am, IRL, Monterey Historics and NASCAR.

If you would like to try volunteering on one of the road race crews, it's as
simple as showing up at one of our Regional events. You can go straight out
to volunteering on a turn or take an Ambassador Tour that will introduce you
to all our support crews: F&C, Grid, Tech, Registration, Pit Fire and
others.

Our next regional race weekend will be at Infineon on September 3-4. We will
be running seven race groups with everything from Formula Atlantics to
Showroom Stock Corvettes. Also on the schedule is our first 2005 Spec Miata
Challenge Series race where you can see 60 Miatas putting on an exciting
show.

 If you would like to come out and volunteer, contact Sherry Grantz at the
Region Office [530-934-4455 x 104; scca@Thunderhill.com]. You can be right
next to the track again, and of course you'll get that free sandwich and
after-hours refreshments.

Also remember that spectators are always welcome at our Regional events at
no charge. Just have your SCCA membership card with you, stop by
Registration to sign the waiver, and enjoy an exciting, free day at the
track.

Bryan