Re: street tire classes

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: street tire classes
From: "Don L." <toy4speed@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:22:37 -0800 (PST)
I gotta respect Paul's time and sincere effort in composing a response to
Bryan's "explanation."

Not that I agree/disagree with recent class changes, but just to remind all
that emails tend to sound "insensitive", maybe "elitist', and very often don't
carry the tone intended by the writer.

Bryan, and all the volunteers that have contributed thousands of hrs of effort
to make this club operate are passionate and no doubt have very strong opinions
about most things autox.  I have never, experienced an "attitude" that would
send me off to a different autox club, and I have at least 4 other clubs to
choose from.

I would encourage those with questions, arguments, in the operation of the club
(remember, this is a non-profit, volunteer group, legally & philosophically
tied to the national organization) please attend the SC meetings.  Attend
enough meetings and you can vote.  Just be there and you can speak.

I hope that members concerns are addressed in future discussions, and desire to
have appropriate classes to participate in are accomodated.  Remember that much
of the classes we all take for granted here in SFR were established just for
those reasons.  Like the OSP, ST2, BSP vintage, and really STS, SM really came
from member needs.  Like all organizations, there is a budget theory, we can'
have it all, hope to keep most of the folks happy all the time 'cuz all the
people happy all the time not gonna happen.

BTW, all the people named in earlier posts are really good individuals, spoken
to in person it is evident, on the forum lists, you just don't get that
accuracy of communication.

Oh, probably looking for some Registration desk help run group 3-4 next event !
 Thanks.

Don Lew
DSP Supra
ES MR2