Pylon for November 2004

To: "Team.net" <autox@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Pylon for November 2004
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:34:14 -0500
The November 2004 issue of Pylon is now in the mail to subscribers.
(The December 2004 issue will arrive shortly.)

This month we report on events"
        -Virginia Motor Sports Club at Petersburg, VA.
        -SCCA's Cal Club does a 4-car-team event at California Speedway,
Fontana, CA.
        -SCCA's Tennessee Region at Gladeville, TN.
        -CART runs a pair at Bristol, CT.
        -Tidewater SCC runs a pair at Virginia Beach, VA.
        -San Francisco Region does one at Oakland (CA) Coliseum and then
polishes of the year            with two at Monster Park in San Francisco,
CA. (Monster maufactures expensive                      cable for TV, and
electronic communications. Buy 'em at Radio Shack.)

Other stories
        -SCCA will induct 10 into its newly created Hall of Fame during '05
Convention.

         3 are related to Solo: Harry Handley, Vern Jaques, Art Trier. (Art
is the only one                 still alive but don't hold that against
him.)
        -Roger H. Johnson of Houston Region will chair SCCA's 2005
Nationals.
        -USAC and NASA will take over the rallies dropped by SCCA.

Columns:
        -Pat Kelly offers "exploding cones" as a way to jazz up Pro Solos.
        -Lorenzo the Scribe muses about what to buy for the 2005 autocross
season.
        -Rocky Entriken offers a guest column on getting the results out.
        -Abner Perney offers thoughts on Sand Hills Open Road.
        -Warren Leveque tells about his brief romance with Lotus
suspensions.
        -Editor John Kelly notes the growing popularity of "Street Tire"
classes.

Our events Calendar is growing. ALL clubs are reminded to send in their
calendars, expecially when you change dates as the '05 season rolls on.
        Plus we have the Garage Sale with your next autocross car.

To subscribe (12-month subscription), send $24 check or Money Order to:
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Boc 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 94566

Canadian subscribers send $27.70 on a U.S. bank or a Canadian postal money
order.
Or,
        call 1-800-58-KELLY and charge the $24 to either your Visa or
MasterCard.
                We also accept American Express. Please call 9-5, M-F.
Or, FAX your name, address, day phone # to 1(925) 946-0118 along with your
plastic card number. The number operates 24/7.
Or, see our web page at www.napylon.com.

Our December issue will be out in about two weeks.

--John Kelly, editor, North American Pylon.