Thanks to the SC

To: <ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thanks to the SC
From: "Patrick Jones" <pcjones33@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:23:23 -0800
Happy Holidays!  I wanted to say a word of thanks to those on the Steering
Committee and all the volunteers that help make this such a successful
region to play and be part of the SCCA.  With the hundreds of people that
come out each week, I suspect I am not alone in my profile:

I started racing locally in 1998
I've attended exactly one steering committee meeting
I have never chaired an event.

I have worked all the races I have run
I enjoy getting up early to build the course and then leave early
Tech and Timing & Scoring are two more jobs I have done

I ran one pro solo and four national tours
I have one slush and one regular season trophy

In other words, I am an SCCA member who does what is needed, not necessarily
going beyond, and I enjoy these weekend races and camaraderie every chance I
can.  I'm one of the many that depend on the core volunteers and although
change is never easy, I just wanted to say thank you for making decisions
and keeping this program running for all us weekend racers.

patrick