RE: Street tire

To: "'Bay Area Autocross'" <ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Street tire
From: "Bryan Nemy" <bnemy@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:58:54 -0800
I haven't left yet, so am commenting on the Street Tire Issue.

Checking with those who keep track of the history of these things I found
out that the class idea came from people running at Sacramento Chapter
events back in 1998 when it became part of our Championship Season.  As has
been stated, the size of the class has gone up and down over time.  This of
course presents a real problem for  making the run groups as equal as
possible.  This is the reason Pat and Jerry brought this thing up.

Mark Mervich laid out the facts of the meeting pretty well.  We spent a
great deal of time discussing this and did not rush to judgment.  The real
issue here is adjusting run groups.  This was a solution we came up with.
It appears that some strongly vocal people using this forum have expressed a
desire to not make the change.

I will not be in charge of the next meeting as Ed Runnion is taking over in
January.  I would strongly encourage those interested in this subject to
attend the meeting at Coco's on Jan 18th and not just express opinions on
the class structure but come up with a creative solution to the run group
problem, which is the core issue.  If we cannot find a better solution to
the run group problem we may have to stand on the Street Tire class
restructure.

Bring your statistics!!

Bryan