Re: change to Street Tire class

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: change to Street Tire class
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:56:58 -0800
Jerry,

When the SEB is planning a major change like this, they announce it in
FasTrack and ask for member comment.  How is the average SFR member
going to know that something like this is coming so that they can at
least let someone know their opinion of it?  How do committee members
know what's coming up on the agenda?  I'm on the committee, and the
only way I know if something is going to be discussed at the next
meeting is if it was discussed and tabled at the previous meeting.  I
first learned about the Street Tire proposal when chatting with Bryan
at the event on the Sunday before the meeting.

> Jerry writes:
>
> <<When the STi decision was made, where were those STi
> folks?  Guess they didn't care enough to do the work, huh?

Can we get past this "us vs. them" attitude?  I don't see the point of
determining (for example) whether Barry is, or is not a member of the
Street Tire group, other than to make specious rhetorical arguments
such as "Street Tire was represented because Barry was at the meeting"
or "Barry's opinion doesn't matter because he's leaving the class".
Insulting ST competitors by calling their class a "pickup game" or
saying that they're lazy and apathetic doesn't do anything to resolve
the issue, either.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94