Re: SM2?

To: Johann Schubert <jes@rx7.org>
Subject: Re: SM2?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:58:07 -0700
On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 08:52:00PM -0700, Johann Schubert wrote:
> Is a D-Bar (strut tower brace or triagulated strut bar) allowed in SM2?  No
> I can't find it listed in the rules online, yes I know if it doesn't say,
> it's not allowed... ;-)  I thought maybe it's been discussed before
> (SEB?)...

Triangulated braces aren't legal in SM/SM2.  The braces that are
allowed are "strut braces" which have to connect only two suspension
mounting points with no fore-aft connections; and "subframe
connectors", which are not allowed to tie the two sides of the car
together.  A triangular brace does both at the same time, so it's not
allowed.

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94