MR-2 Spyders vs. Miatae

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: MR-2 Spyders vs. Miatae
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 01:01:00 EDT
A friend is looking for either an MR-2 Spyder or Miata, and she will want to
autocross it.  It looks like the '04 Spyder is the first with limited slip.
Is it necessary, or  desirable in this car?  She found a really good deal on a
leftover new '03, just not sure if she will be sorry about that later.

She thought the Spyder was a better "feeling" car (handling wise)to her than
the Miata she drove, but I'm guessing she didn't drive a Miata with the
suspension package...  and yes, this is the same woman who was thinking
Boxsters a
couple of weeks ago.  She didn't like them when she drove them ... go figure...

Any thoughts on the subject?  I used to keep up with all this Stock class
stuff, but have been spending most of my time this year on Prepared stuff...

Charlie