Re: Tires for small truck

To: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Tires for small truck
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:26:18 -0800
At 08:30 PM 1/31/2004 -0800, Jim Ochi wrote:
>After hauling around countless sets of R tires, the beater truck has
>informed me that it's jealous, and wants its very own set of new
>tires.  So, can anyone recommend a tire for a mini-pickup?  I'm looking
>for something cheap, sticks well in the rain, and wears fairly well - no
>need for anything really fancy, like the BFG KD or the Bridgestone SO-3 or
>the Michelin Pilot Sport.  I think the size on there right now is
>195/75-14, but I'd be willing to go to a little wider tire size if it
>increases my tire choices.

Hi Jim,

I just went through this exercise with our Tacoma.  There isn't much
selection in 14" tires anymore, but I did find a tire that matches your
criteria.  It is the Yokohoma Avid S/T, it can be found on TireRack's web site:

<http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Avid+S%2FT>

I went with the 215/70-14, which is a little wider and only $46 each from
the Tire Rack.  I have been driving on these in all the rain storms this
year and I have been impressed by their rain performance.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com