TECH answers

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: TECH answers
From: Durk Edwards <solorolla@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:11:37 -0800 (PST)
Per the 2004 rule book, here is the information regarding size, type, and
requirments for numbers and class designation:
3.7 VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION

All cars must have car numbers and class letters on both sides. Car
numbers will be a minimum of eight inches high and a minimum of 1-
1/4 inch stroke. Class letters must be between 25% and 50% of the
number size, no smaller than 3 inches high, and located adjacent to
the numbers. All numbers and letters must be of the same single
color and typeface, and in contrast to the background color. Contrast
may also be obtained using a second color for a border or field, sized
at least 25% of the number stroke. All letters and numbers must be
on body panels, not on windows, and only one set of numbers may be
visible while the car is running. For cars entered in a Ladies' Class
the letter "L" shall follow the class letters (Example: ASL).
==========

,The number you pick is up to you. There is a book at the reg table that you
can record, "your number" to be used during the season. We, at Tech, require
your car be "race ready" when going through tech to assure compliance with the
safety aspect as well and the identification of your class and number. Paper
numbers will be available and allowed. We, in Tech, have been advised by many
that paper numbers were, hard to read, fell off, sloppy, etc. etc. We were
trying to establish some consistency for all. We understand that there may be
people that will only run 1 event, may change cars, numbers, etc. And for
those, paper is o.k. and we will allow you to run with paper. Just make the
numbers big enough to be SEEN. I don't see a need to create "supps" to support
this kind of allowance. We want to make this as fun as possible, but still make
things run smoothly for all. The information that was given in my first post
re: the size of the numbers was old and per the 2004 Rules, incorrect.
 Please purchase a 2004 Rule Book for specifics. AND, once again, if you have a
2003 TECH sticker on your car, it is still valid through the 3rd event, meaning
just get your helmet sticker and your good to go. We will start Annual Tech
inspections at the 3rd event and continue, (weather permitting) until further
notice.

I hope this answers and clears up some questions. (Man, I hope my season
doesn't go like this..........).See you there, THANKS!