Re: Number's

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Number's
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:19:34 -0800
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 04:06:34PM -0800, Doug Hubbard wrote:
> Please tell me there are more important thing's at an Auto-X ( especially the
> first of the season) to worry about than the size,shape,color,paper or
> permanent  dealing with number's.

Have you ever worked on the timing & scoring crew in the trailer at an
event where 300+ people need to get their three runs before it gets
dark, in early February?

If not, then the legibility of numbers might sound like a trivial
issue.  I assure you that it's not.

That said, I don't have a problem with paper numbers, so long as they
are big, written in broad strokes, and attached somewhere on the car
where they can be seen on both sides.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94