Thanks (was: web and schedules)

To: Bay_Area_Autocross_List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks (was: web and schedules)
From: Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:44:01 -0800 (PST)
I've recently become involved in another club with a
similar political structure to SFR Solo II, just a
different sport, and I would just like to say that SFR
does it so much better. Both organizations encounter
the same kind of problems: it's usually the same group
of twenty or less doing most of the work; however,
where SFR differs is, it's so much more inviting to
the new kids. We have virtual rookies chairing events
and becoming involved. If you have an idea, you're
encouraged to go ahead and do it. People are so much
more open minded in SFR. If you have a crazy idea,
you're encouraged to go ahead and do it. It's why our
display at the car show was so creative, why Natalie's
video is so entertaining, and why we keep attracting
so many people to this expensive sport.

Autocrossers get a bad rap for having such enormous
egos, but it's nothing compared to cyclists. Something
weird happens to the brains of most men who wear lycra
and shave their legs.

Women who bike race are, however, the coolest people
on earth. :)

So I just want to say a word of thanks to all the men
and women who organize SFR events, and especially the
webmaster. You do an outstanding job.

-Katie Kelly