max G's

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>, "PAUL TIBBALS"
Subject: max G's
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:32:46 -0500
In referennce to side loads, etc. It has been only at Candlestick where
I've found it difficult to grab the shift lever to down shift on specific
turns. Between the shaking and the side load, even steering, on that one
turn became difficult.

        As most know Colin Chapman built for lightness and it was at
Candlestick that our Lotus lost several teeth from its differential gears.
(The original is from a late '50s Triumph TR-10 station wagon). We have
stronger, and much heavier, stuff in there now.

--John Kelly