Life of R-compound tires?!

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Life of R-compound tires?!
From: E911me@aol.com
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 00:02:52 -0500
Hi all,

Quick question:

I have some yoko A032r tires sitting, they've been in the backyard, in garbage
bags for the last year (thats the questionable part), and I finally brought
them in and would like to use them.

The rubber still looks fine, no traces of adverse weather effect, etc....

Are these tires okay to use?  There is a fair amount of tread left on them.  If
there is a good concensus that these tires are usable, I was hoping to use them
at an upcoming track day.

Are they worth putting on a set of wheels, will any amount of scrubbing them in
on the street do anything to help?  My alternative is to run my very crappy
street tires at this event, so if I'm thinking if these A032rs grip any bit
better (now questionable with all the weathering), I guess I'm better off.

Cheers,

Salah