RE: not for the squeamish

To: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>, "Pat Kelly"
Subject: RE: not for the squeamish
From: "Mark Smith" <msmith@tilia.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:30:31 -0700
Ah,

Don't you just love the way that metal can melt like that for the "Terminiator
2" look!

Looks like the block is intact and the piston looks in pretty good shape too -
all things considered. Quick fix - get a dremmel out and grind that sucker off.
The extra material would just add a little to the compression ratio. *grin*.

I wonder how many "hokey" engine shops would actually consider that yet charge
you for completing the work properly?

Do that to each piston and you could say that you have a 24 valve motor! :) One
set for the intake, one set of exhaust and the last set to increase the
compression ratio and material to be ground down for balancing purposes. Who
said the 3rd set of 8 valves had to do anything.....

Totally in jest,

Mark.