Re: Marina

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Marina
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:34:04 -0700
At 03:14 PM 6/2/2003 -0700, "Anthony Tabacco" <tony@atarchitects.com> wrote:

[lots of flattering things]

Thanks, Tony, but I'm just one in a long line of people working behind the
scenes to make events happen.  People like Chris Cox, who towed the timing
trailer to events for years, before we had the motorhome.  Ben Martinez,
who drove the motorhome to every event for a year or so.  Bryan Nemy, who
drove the motorhome to almost every event this year, and to a whole bunch
last year.  And so on, and so on.

There are also the people who usually don't get recognized.  Like Pilar
Miranda, who has been treasurer for many years.  She does the books,
deposits all the entry fees, pays all the bills, arranges the insurance for
our events, etc., etc., etc.  So she has to work even for events that she
doesn't attend.  Pat Kelly, who takes care of the results.  She has to
stick around until the end of each event, so she can get all the time
cards.  Then, she has to enter all the data and get it to our webmaster,
Jerry Mouton, so that the results can be posted on the web.  She also has
to take care of all the people who call and say "that's not my time - I
actually did a blah, blah, blah."  Or the ones who say "I actually worked -
why did I get a DNW?" Or "You misspelled my name, even though I scribbled
it illegibly on my card..."  Jerry Mouton, the webmaster, who has put
countless hours making the web site what it is today.  Mark Watson, our
Sound Czar, who makes sure we don't violate the sound limits that many of
our sites impose on us.  Ed Runnion, voice of the hotline.  Tony Tobacco,
Event Chair Chief.  Don Ebaugh, Equipment Chief.  Elise Geiger, Steering
Committee Secretary.  MJ Dunlap and Chris Cox, Site Coordinators.  Durk
Edwards, Chief of Tech.  Noel Esporo, Chief of Safety.  Jeremy Rine, Chief
of Registration.  And many, many others.

And, of course, there's Bryan Nemy, Solo2 Chair, who keeps this madhouse
running.

Me?  I'm just one of the people who helps from time to time.

Anyway, next time you see any of these people at an event, you might want
to thank them for the job they're doing.  And, while you're at it, offer
them a codrive in your car!  :-)

Jim

P.S. = Tony, it's only about a hundred miles from San Leandro to
Marina.  Did it in about 90 minutes, not 3 hours.  So, I didn't have to hit
the road until 5am...