Mazda Rev It Up

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mazda Rev It Up
From: "Debbie" <Debbie.Cunningham@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:01:03 -0800
I had a really good time there!

My scratch time on Sunday was a 34.7 on my first run, which caused quite a bit
of a stir.  The guys working the track were more than a bit surprised when
they saw that it was a woman getting out of the car (doh, it's not arm
wrestling!).  Unfortunately, I clipped a cone with my rear wheel on the first
slalom and my place in the overall standings suffered significantly.  :-(

My second run was 7/10 slower...tires were not as happy, I took everything too
hot, and the announcer insisted on interviewing me right before I got in the
dang car.  (I don't like to talk, or be talked to, right before a run.  I'm
too busy concentrating.)

Anyway, excuses aside, it was a good time.  The karts were really a blast!!!
Anybody going to the new karting place in Sacto in the near future?  PLease
let me know, cuz I would love to go!

Debbie, 1st out of the 120 women that ran...but Pilar  and Katie didn't race,
so it doesn't count .