Re: TECH [reformatted to normal line width]

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TECH [reformatted to normal line width]
From: Yeoh Yiu <squid@panix.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2003 22:34:40 -0500

Durk Edwards <solorolla@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello everyone! This Sunday, we will offer Annual Tech Inspections
> for 2003, weather permitting. This will be available from 1pm to 3pm
 in the Tech area. If you plan on getting your car tech's, you must
 have a 2003 rule book with an annual safety inspection sticker
 attached to the back cover. Both books and stickers are available at
 the reg. or tech tables. You must have been competing 3 years or
 have had run 12 events, (validated by your book/sticker). Please
 refer to the rule book section 3.3.3 pertaining to safety items and
 compliance with these rules. Your car MUST BE RACE READY. No
 exceptions to this. We will not have time to ask you to remove items
 that are not allowed in or on your car. You will be asked to see
 your rule book, sticker and sign a waiver acknowledging you have
 read, understand and agree to comply with the rules. This is first
 come, first served basis. It should take approx. 15-20 mins per
 vehicle, depending on class, modifications, et. Also, please read!
 the HELMET requirements on page 56, section 4.3.1 and make sure your
 helmet complies with the rules.

 During our last event, we had a "Tech class" which was a quick run
 down and how we do tech, what to look for and had examples of what
 would pass and what wouldn't pass. PLEASE, error on the side of
 caution. If you THINK something isn't right or feel it isn't safe,
 ASK about it before you get on grid or come up to tech and we will
 be more than happy to answer your questions or concerns and help ypu
 correct the problem. We had 6 people who showed an interest and we
 hope we gave them a better idea of what is necessary to run a SAFE
 program. Thanks to Gordon White, Mark Smith, Phil White, Angela
 Pfluger, Jaime Mendoza, Ron Phillips and Robin Yang for coming on
 over and participating!!!! If any of you, or anyone else, is
 interested on being part of "THE CREW", e-mail me and/or see me at
 the event. As of right now, our CORE of "techies" consists of Herman
 Ip, Georgia Abelardo and Charles Cox. Without THEIR help and
 contributions, we wouldn't have this program!!!! Thanks for your i!
 nterests, and I hope to hear from alot more of you this year!!!
 Remember, if you don't want to work on the official "crew", WE,
 (that's everybody) still need people to work tech for each of the
 first 4 run groups. If nobody has signed up for a specific run
 group, someone, in that run group will be DESIGNATED by the Chair
 person. We will have a "pre annual tech" rundown around 12:30 at the
 tech area, just to make sure we run this thing smoothly and
 efficiently. Hope to see you there!!!  THANKS!